SWP is about dedication, teamwork and a continuing drive to be the best. And, because SWP is committed to providing our customers with the absolute best customer service and printing, we are always on the look out for the best printing industry professionals and sales people. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for any job posting, you must be in good standing, have a satisfactory performance record, have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation and (in most cases) must have been in your current position for at least six months.*
CSR – Project Coordinator
Southwest Precision Printers,LP has an excellent opportunity for a Project Coordinator/CSR for one of our Major Accounts. This position will be responsible for the coordination of assigned customer’s print and fulfillment projects. It requires full knowledge of all Offset and Digital Printing Capabilities and Production requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter orders for each job paying attention to detail.
- Ensure all quotes are turned in Correctly by Sales.
- Act as a liaison between customer, sales and production.
- Ensure that all the specifications provided on the job ticket, coincide with the actual artwork.
- Schedule production meetings when needed to ensure that a project is thoroughly understood by all departments.
- Look over all proofs before sending them out to customer to ensure quality.
- Responsible to maintain the flow of proofs out / back in order to meet the designated schedule.
- Set up press check with customer when needed.
- Track the job through production to ensure that it keeps to the schedule.
- Responsible for ordering dies when needed.
- Keep accurate records of all changes made to a job and keep job ticket updated accordingly.
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Enter quotes on sales behalf if special circumstances arise.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to supervisors about current or future workflow problems or needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three years related experience.
- Experience and knowledge of printing procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to prevent errors and solve problems.
- Be available for overtime as required.
Pre-Press Desktop Operator – 2nd Shift
Southwest Precision Printers, LP has an excellent opportunity for a 2nd shift Desktop Operator.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digitally manipulates electronic file components for prepress production.
Requires in-depth knowledge of electronic desktop publishing applications.
Works directly with planning, scheduling, and pressroom departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requires the knowledge of and the ability to operate a PC and Macintosh computer and related software.
- Prepare files for digital and conventional presses from Quark, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and Enfocus PitStop. Impose signatures using Metrix.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of commercial 4/color printing and outside vender production needs. (Dies, embossing, bindery, etc.)
- Receive customer files. Copies and organizes electronic files on server according to departmental procedures. Requires internet interaction via email and ftp.
- Ensure files meet customer specifications, making any necessary corrections within reason.
- Interfaces with customers, sales department and co-workers to address and resolve any problems.
- Must be able to perform file intervention to make changes and correct files as necessary.
- Digitally prepares and assembles electronic files for commercial printing on large offset presses.
- Imposes electronic signatures and sends to proofing.
- Trim proofs and make plates on as needed basis.
- Hours are 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. but must be flexible due to workload.
- Must be able to work overtime and some weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- A minimum of five years experience preferred.
- Familiar with Prinergy System
- Excellent attention to detail.
Southwest Precision Printers offers a competitive benefit package that consists of Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, STD, Critical Illness Insurance, 401K plan, paid vacations and holidays.
Published: September 29, 2016